- The plugin must be registered by selecting and registering the Contact and Creator
- The author of the post or page and the creator of the media must be the Creator on the site.
Registering a Post or a Page
Registering a post or page means that contemporaneously with publishing persistent identifiers are generated in the CLink Registry with relevant meta and rights data of the post or page.
- In the Creation Section of the CLink Panel (within the Gutenberg editor) verify that "Register to Clink.ID" is enabled (it is the default setting).
- The Post/Page gets automatically registered in the CLink Registry with the corresponding Rights when it is published. The identifier of the Creation will show up in the Creation section of the CLink Panel.
Registering a Media
(to be available by 05/22/2020)
- When the embedded meta-data of the uploaded image contains the name of the creator it must match the name in the WordPress user profile.
- The embedded meta-data of the uploaded image should have the Licensor URL and Web Statement of Right fields empty.
The setting, action buttons, and links described for posts and pages are located in the Save widget (top right corner) of the Media under the Media Library. Their operations and effects are the same.
There will be some time delay in publishing the content due to the additional steps needed for the registration
ISCC is an open standard content-based identifier (International Standard Content Code) that can be attributed to any of the registered Creation. The Creations are searchable by their ISCC attributes in the registry.
Editing Registered Creation
When a registered Post/Media/Page gets edited its metadata gets updated automatically in the CLink Registry when registration is enabled.
Making a Version
Versions are snapshots from the current version. It creates a new registry entry and shows the relationship with the current and previous versions.
- Click on the “Make” button in the Versions line of the CLink Panel.
- A popup appears to explain the characteristics of Versions and prompts for confirmation.
- Upon clicking the OK button a version gets registered and becomes visible by clicking on the View button.
Placement of Identifiers
The identifier associated with a Registered Content is displayed on both in the backend and front end of WordPress:
Posts & Pages
- End of the published Creation
Posts, Media & Pages
- CLink Panel (see above)
- All Post and All Pages
- Media Library
- CLink > Creation > Registered and CLink > Creation > Referent
The identifier is hyperlinked to the registry’s metadata. Screenshots of Creation and Rights examples are shown below:
- Rights (registered contemporaneously with the Creation)
Recorded Meta-data in JPEG Images
(Coming in May 2020)
Properties with "plus" namespace-prefix in the IPTC Extension (XMP) column are PLUS version 1.2. properties included in the IPTC schema.
Web Statement of Rights
Although the Right Entity object and the corresponding object resolution URI (Web Statement of Rights) is created in the registry, xmpRights:WebStatement remains unrecorded until the license is applied to maintain compliance with Google Images guidelines for Licensable images.